Velos is a boat insurance broker which includes narrow boat insurance for large and smaller narrowboat vessels. We have been providing narrowboat insurance policies for 20+ years.
Your narrowboat is in safe hands with our customised and bespoke insurance policies which include theft and third-party narrowboat liability, as well as accidental damage and salvage charges.
You’ll have full, personalised cover for your narrow boat with Velos.
Get a quote today for complete peace of mind. Learn more about our policies below:
Our narrowboat insurance policies aren’t listed on any price comparison site, as we create coverage that is tailor-made to each customer’s requirements and their individual narrow boats.
As such our narrow boat insurance policy is a fully comprehensive, all risks product, based on an agreed value which is shown on the policy paperwork, so if your narrowboat is lost, this is what you will get back for your vessel.
The policy covers you for, amongst other things, theft, accidental damage and Salvage charges.
It also includes, as standard, Third Party narrowboat Liability up to GBP 5m and Legal Expenses.
Highlights of the Velos narrowboat insurance cover policy are as follows;
- Agreed Value, All Risks policy
- GBP 5m Third Party Liability cover limit as standard
- Water Skiers Liability and Waters Sports Liability can be included
- GBP 100,000 Legal Expenses cover included for free
- Loss or damage whilst in transit by road included as standard
- Up to 25% NCB for 5 years claims free, after which protected at no additional cost
- Up to GBP 20,000 worth of Personal Accident cover included, as standard
- Up to GBP 5,000 worth of Medical Expenses cover included as standard
- If you have a claim in a marina, either ashore or afloat, we waive the deductible and you don’t lose your NCB, even if it’s not protected
We’ve been in boat insurance for 20+ years and as such have relationships with most of the narrowboat insurers in the UK and global providers on the market.
So, if our narrow boat policies aren’t suitable for you for whatever reason, we’ll be able to source an alternative narrow boat insurance quote from another insurer so you don’t have to scour the entire market. We’ll do it for you.
Frequently asked questions
It couldn’t be easier: use the claims section of our website and follow the instructions there. If you have any questions, just get in touch with us directly and we’ll be happy to talk you through it.
Get in touch by email or phone and we will make the requested changes to your marine trade insurance policy.
Absolutely. Please call tel: +44 (0)20 7929 4058 and select option 1. Our office hours are Monday to Friday, 09:00 to 17:300 UK time.
No: you should use your usual service providers. If needed, insurers will appoint a marine surveyor to inspect and report on the incident.
Irrespective of which policy you select there are always some exclusion to cover. these would normally be as follows;
- Loss, damage, liability or expense intentionally caused by or consented to by you or arising from unseaworthiness resulting by you
- Cost of repairing any defect from a prior repair, alteration or maintenance work
- Design or construction fault
- Loss and damage caused by wear and tear and lack of reasonable maintenance
- Loss and damage caused by insect, vermin, damp and marine life
- Theft of insured gear and equipment unless it follows violent forcible entry into your vessel or place of storage
- Theft of insured personal effects unless it follows violent forcible entry into the vessel or vehicle while in transit
- Theft of your outboard motor unless it is secured to your vessel by an appropriate anti-theft device in addition to its normal method of attachment or violent forcible entry into the vessel or place of storage
- Theft or loss of boats, such as dinghies or tenders, not permanently marked with the name of the parent vessel
Yes, most insurers will allow narrowboat customers to carry over their no claims discount to their new provider.
If there are any issues you know of before you insure, contact us with the full details and we’ll be happy to let you know for sure that you’re covered where your no claims bonus is concerned.
Yes, our narrowboat insurance quotes generally come with third party cover as a minimum.
Your fully comprehensive cover will also include third party liability.
Yes, we do offer commercial boat insurance policies for commercial narrowboats, canal boats and dutch barges.
Whether you want insurance for inland waterways in England and beyond, we can provide you a personal service to provide cover for your needs.
Barge insurance, motorboat insurance and insuring a whole range of vessels has been our bread and butter for over 20+ years!
You can add various levels of contents cover and personal belongings cover to your narrowboat insurance as an option.
Yes, our fully comprehensive cover includes this.
We have over 20+ years of experience in finding you the right insurance with competitive premiums for your needs while providing an excellent service.
Our boat insurance service is for you whether you are looking to cruise or stay on inland waters or whether you’re after large motorboat insurance for a commercial vessel.
We can provide instant quotes or if you need something more complicated or bespoke, we’re happy to talk you through your options.
Whatever you need, our experts are here to make sure your boat is covered.
Patient and Helpful
” The team was super helpful and patient with me, even though I had a million questions. They really took the time to understand my needs and tailor the coverage accordingly. “– Lyle Jenson
Exceptional boat insurance
” Velos Insurance is an exceptional boat insurance service that provides comprehensive coverage for boat owners. “– Jeremy Brown
” Thank you for your fast & efficient service over the years. “– Kevin Hole
” I recently went with Velos, speak to Kel, he’s super helpful “– Sarah Sheridan
” Velos has provided me with an excellent competitive service over the years. If I buy another boat I will have no hesitation in requesting a quote from Velos again. “– David Willing