What happens if I have a Claim?
It is our aim is to give you peace of mind by providing an efficient, effective and helpful claims service. So we can ensure the best service to you, Velos has an inhouse claims team to handle the administration of Your claim.
To ensure a claim runs smoothly we will need your assistance, so please take the time to read this section as it contains some useful guidance and sets out some of your duties and responsibilities.
It is important that you tell us everything you know about an incident that might give rise to a claim whether you think it is relevant or not, it might become important later.
- It is very important that We are immediately informed of any event that may lead to a claim under your policy. Therefore, when you contact us please also quote your policy number if you have it to hand.
- We will forward a claim form to you for completion as soon as we are told of the incident, remember you can also download a claim form via our website.
- This should be returned to us, fully completed, as soon as possible whether or not you intend to make a formal claim and we may ask you to obtain estimates for repairing any damage; and/or
- To obtain quotations for the replacement of any items lost or destroyed.
- Any estimates or quotations should be sent to us without delay although we may also ask you to obtain alternative estimates. A surveyor may be instructed by Insurers to inspect and/or investigate. Except in an emergency or to prevent any further damage, repair instructions should not be given without our prior agreement.
- When you are satisfied with the repairs, the invoice should be paid by you and the receipted invoices should then be forwarded to us for payment to you.
Helpful Claims Advice
When loss or damage occurs you should act as if uninsured. This may seem unusual advice but it is most important that in the event of any incident involving your vessel, you must take all reasonable steps to minimise the loss. This Helpful Claims Advice section is intended to provide some guidance should you have to submit a claim under your policy. It does not form part of any policy wording or give any indication of acceptance of a claim.